When installing applications or games on your computer, you may encounter the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll issue, which prevents the program or game from being launched directly. Don’t worry if you’re having trouble downloading apps or games; all you need to do is get and install the API-MS-Win-CRT-Runtime -l1-1-0.dll system file, as well as the MSL associated system installation module. When you execute an application, the corresponding DLL file gets called, so be sure to install it. You can search the web for the missing file and api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll download from a trusted website.
An api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error can happen for several different causes. For example, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll may have been deleted or lost or may get corrupted by malicious software on your PC or a damaged Windows registry. An api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll download can solve all below errors.
The following are the most typical error messages:
- Because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer, the program can’t start. To resolve this issue, try reinstalling the software.
- The code not be executed because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll was missing. Reinstalling the software may be able to fix the problem.
- api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll could not get loaded because of an error. The requested module is not gets found.
- Because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is not get found, the code not be executed. This issue may get resolved by reinstalling the software.
- The file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is either incompatible with Windows or contains an error. Attempt to reinstall the program using the original installation disc or seek assistance from your system administrator or the product vendor.
In the vast majority of cases, reinstalling api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll to the Windows system folder solves the problem. Some programs, significantly PC games, require the DLL file to be placed in the game/application installation folder.
How to Fix It
Installing Windows Update is one of the most basic solutions. When you’re dealing with this issue, this should be the first thing you attempt. The corrupt api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file gets fixed with a simple Windows update.
Software Reinstallation or Repair
If you continue to receive the missing DLL file error when attempting to access a program or set of apps, consider reinstalling the software or repairing the installation to see if you can find a solution. To guarantee that you take a thorough approach, go to the control panel and totally delete the software, reboot your machine, and then perform a fresh install on restart. If your software has a repair installation, you should use it before uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling.
Download missing DLL files through official Microsoft links
Another option for resolving your Windows 10 DLL file error is to obtain the necessary files from the Microsoft website. You can get the valid packages and access the missing DLL files by downloading them. It’s also a good idea to get the Visual Studio 2012 update. Reboot your machine after installing these libraries, and your problem gets resolved.